The U.S. Embassy in Kingston is excited to announce 2018 Martin Luther King Jr. photo contest. We invite Jamaican nationals only to submit a photo inspired by Dr. King’s famous 1956 speech – “Facing the Challenge of a new Age.” In the photo, contestants should highlight our interdependence as a people and demonstrate how communities are strengthened through unity.
- The competition is open to Jamaican nationals only, aged 18-29 years
- Photos must be original and JPG format
- Participants should only submit high resolution (at least 3,000 pixels or greater in size in any dimension) photos that are suitable for printing
- Black & White and color photos are accepted – Photos that do not comply with the above specifications will NOT be consider
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on twitter
- Submit photos as attachment to Kingstonsocialmedia@state.gov and include your name, age, gender and community organization/project.
- Submission deadline extended – January 26, 2018
Photos will be judged by a panel of U.S. Embassy Kingston staff. Criteria for judging the images include, but are not limited to: relevance to the contest title, originality, creativity, and innovation. The panel will select the top three photos. These will be posted on the Embassy’s Facebook page for fans to determine the winner. Voting will begin Feb 2 to 4. The photo with the highest votes will be named as the winner.
The winner will receive an Apple iPad, second prize a Galaxy Samsung Tab and third prize U.S. Embassy gift basket. Finalists will be posted on U.S. Embassy Kingston’s social media platforms.
Like our Facebook page:
US Embassy Jamaica
Follow us on Twitter: