2018 Voting Action Plan

Are you a U.S. citizen currently residing aboard or serving overseas in the military?

If so, you may be eligible to vote via absentee ballot.  Depending on the state in which you are eligible to vote, you may even be able to get your ballot by email, fax, or internet download.

Go to www.FVAP.gov to find out more.  You will need to complete a new Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) and return it to your local election office in the United States.

You must request a new absentee ballot each calendar year.  We recommend overseas U.S. citizens get in the habit of completing FPCAs each January.  You should include your email address on the form, so it’s easier for your election officials to reach you if there is a problem.  If your state delivers ballots by fax only, be sure to include your fax number.

If you request electronic delivery and include your email address or fax number, you’ll receive your blank ballot 45 days before general and mid-term elections, and generally 30 days before special, primary, and run-off elections for federal offices.

Most states now have voter registration verification websites, and many offer a means of tracking the status of your registration and ballot.

For more information, please visit www.FVAP.gov today.

Links on Right-Side of Page