2022 GRANTS PROGRAM WEBSITE ANNOUNCEMENT
U.S. Embassy, Kingston is seeking proposals for its 2022 Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO). Grants of up to US$24,000.00 will be awarded. We invite eligible Individuals, Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) to submit concept notes for projects addressing the following priority areas:
- Programs that demonstrate active partnership between the United States and Jamaica to address new and evolving security challenges, including cybersecurity;
- Programs that support a long-term investment in U.S.-Jamaican ties through educational, cultural, professional, and other exchanges between our two countries;
- Programs that have a national reach and impact by linking likeminded organizations across community divides; and
- Programs that highlight or foster U.S.-Jamaican cooperation to address the climate crisis.
Proposals should demonstrate creativity, substance, and relevance to national goals relating to one of the topic areas above. Preference will also be given to projects that align with U.S. State Department goals of:
- Safeguarding the Homeland and U.S. Citizens
- Increased Trade and Shared Economic Growth
- Addressing Caribbean Health Challenges
- Strengthening the U.S. – Jamaica Partnership on Global Issues on the Island, throughout the region and around the world.
Submissions should follow the template below:
2022 U.S. Embassy Kingston Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
|Project Title:||Insert Title|
|Proposed project location(s)/participant:||Insert location that will benefit from project|
|Proposal Categories||Education, Mentorship, Economic Sustainability, Social Responsibility|
|Total Grant Request:||Insert amount|
Project Concept Note
The project concept note should be no more than three (3) pages. It should include the proposed project category (e.g. education) and the proposed project goals. How will this project meet the goal of empowering Jamaica women or girls?
This project aims to promote and enable linkages and collaborations among Cockpit Country researchers in Jamaica. Specifically, it will bring together a group of motivated and published scholars, in order to build a network between academics and practitioners, to plan the way forward in promoting sustainable conservation practices in the Cockpit Country and investigate strategies for collaborative research through networking and information management. The importance of the project stems from: the need to support productive dialogue in the public sphere, particularly among relevant stakeholders.
- Announcement of the 2022 U.S. Embassy Kingston Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
- SF-424 Package
- Detailed Budget
Only submissions with the required application template and concept note are eligible. Email submissions to: Kingstongrants@state.gov. Deadline for submission of the initial proposal template is July 29, 2022. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit full proposals by August 19, 2022.