Due to the rescheduling of the U.S. Embassy’s annual Blues on the Green concert, commemorating Black History Month, we will extend the deadline of the Martin Luther King Jr’s essay competition to Thursday, March 10, 2016. All participants are invited to submit entries to: email@example.com.
See Competition Rules below:
- The competition is open to students 15-19 years old – Jamaican nationals only
- Entries must be in English and be the original work of the writer
- Essays should be between 800 – 1000 words
- Essays should be inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr’s quote “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere,” and the Jamaican Charter of Rights.
- Essay must include at least 5 MLKJ ‘Facts you should Know’ posted to the US Embassy Jamaica’s Facebook page between January 11-17, 2016
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on twitter
- Top three submissions will be determined by a panel at the U.S. Embassy and posted to the Embassy’s Facebook page on March 14, 2016
- Essay winners to be announced on Friday, March 18, 2016
- Submit essays to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, age, gender, and name of your school
- Submission deadline, March 10, 2016
- Don’t miss your chance to win an IPad or a Samsung Galaxy 4 Tablet!
Like our Facebook page:
US Embassy Jamaica
Follow us on Twitter: