Ask a COVID-19 Question
COVID-19 Information – Cayman
Last updated: 1/12/2021
- The Cayman Islands government provides daily updates regarding COVID-19 on their COVID-19 website.
- Currently, several restrictions on travel and large gatherings are in place. Some have recently been eased.
- The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Some US Citizens are permitted to enter. From October 1, 2020 until further notice, travelers eligible to visit the Cayman Islands are:
- Permanent residents,
- Work permit holders and their families,
- Persons who own residential property within the Cayman Islands,
- Students with a valid visa to study in the Cayman Islands,
- Persons with close family ties to residents or work permit holders; such as spouses, fiancés, parents, grandparents, children and siblings.
- Persons approved on the Global Citizen Concierge Program
- Other visitors approved via the Travel Cayman team.
- Read more about travel to the Cayman Islands on the Cayman Islands COVID-19 website.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes. Effective January 14, 2021, visitors must undergo pre-arrival PCR testing if aged 10 years or older. Read more about this requirement on the Cayman Islands COVID-19 website.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Travelers returning from overseas must quarantine for 14 days.
- At the end of the 14-day period all persons will be tested for COVID-19 and must receive a negative test result before they will be allowed to leave the facility.
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? Yes
- Visitors wishing to travel between islands must request travel authorization and may in some cases be subject to a COVID-19 test.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Yes
- All visitors are required to quarantine 14 days upon arrival.
- Find more information regarding quarantine polices on the Cayman Islands COVID-19 website.
- Members of the public may book a health screening appointment, to include a COVID-19 test, via the Health Services Authority. More information is available on the Health Services Authority website.
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
Fines for Non-Compliance:
- The Government of the Cayman Island may impose fines of $10,000 and imprisonment for two years.
- Citizenship services are available on an appointments-only basis. Please e-mail CaymanACS@state.gov to request an appointment.