Updated July 10, 2020
COVID-19 Information – Jamaica
- The Jamaican Ministry of Health and Wellness (MoHW) has confirmed 753 cases of COVID-19 in Jamaica.
- An island-wide curfew is in effect from 11:00 P.M. to 5:00 A.M.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- The Government of Jamaica has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Please visit the Jamaica Tourist Board website for more information and to fill out a Travel Authorization Form, a requirement to enter Jamaica.
- Depending on the traveler’s state of residence in the United States, testing for COVID-19 may be required prior to departure. Additional information can be found on the com website.
- Visitors to Jamaica will be required to undergo a health screening and risk assessment. This will include:
- Checking the individual’s temperature
- Observation of symptoms
- Interview by health officer
- Visitors should expect to complete a COVID-19 test upon arrival. If the test is positive, or if visitors develop COVID-19 symptoms during quarantine, they should expect to be placed in mandatory isolation.
- Visitors to Jamaica are required to remain within the “COVID-19 Resilient Corridor,” a defined geographical area within Jamaica designed for tourism purposes
- Any travelers arriving to Jamaica and tested for COVID-19 will be asked to remain in quarantine at their hotel/resort until the test results are returned.
- Any travelers testing positive for COVID-19 will be isolated either at their hotel/resort or in a government facility as determined by health authorities.
- Jamaica Tourist Board website and Travel Authorization Form
- Jamaican Ministry of Health and Wellness COVID-19 page