- Medical services in Jamaica are extremely limited. Please read our general information regarding medical assistance in Jamaica.
- For COVID related information to visitors of Jamaica, see the Jamaica Tourist Board and the Jamaica Ministry of Health and Wellness COVID-19 website.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Jamaica? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes
- U.S. Citizens can obtain COVID-19 test across the Island. Travelers are responsible for the cost of testing.
- Visitors testing positive for COVID-19 may be asked to self isolate. Travelers who require isolation should be prepared to pay the cost of isolation accommodation. It is highly advised that travelers consider travel insurance to protect against risks and financial losses that could happen while traveling.
- For more information on quarantine and isolation, see the Ministry of Health’s guidelines: https://jamcovid19.moh.gov.jm
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Has the government of Jamaica approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Jamaica for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Jamaica? AstraZeneca, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson
- Local availability of COVID-19 vaccines and details regarding eligibility can be found here: https://www.moh.gov.jm/vaccines.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The U.S. government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry & Exit Requirements
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Visitors requesting to extend their stay in Jamaica may do so through PICA: http://www.PICA.gov.jm
Movement Restrictions & Transportation
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Visitors to the island may be requested to quarantine or isolate at their location. For more information visit the Ministry of Health’s.
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
Fines for Non-Compliance
- Non-compliance with curfew, quarantine, or other COVID-19 related restrictions could result in fine, arrest, or immediate order to depart the country. Individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 typically have security guards stationed near their rooms to ensure quarantine is observed.
- The Consular Section is currently providing all citizenship services to individuals. Make an appointment online for passport or notarial services.
- If you have urgent travel and need to renew your passport, and an appointment is not available, please e-mail KingstonACS@state.gov.
- The Consular Section is currently providing routine visa services by appointment.