Event: Social media reports indicate demonstrations may be planned in Kingston on Saturday, June 6. The exact time and location of the demonstrations are not known. Emancipation Park, Half Way Tree transportation center, and the intersection of Old Hope Road and Munroe Road (U.S. Embassy) are potential demonstration sites. The Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that even peaceful demonstrations have the potential to become confrontational and violent without warning.
U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid areas where demonstrations or protests are taking place.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Kingston, Jamaica
142 Old Hope Rd. Kingston 6, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Montego Bay
Whitter Village, Ironshore
Unit EU-1 (across from Burger King)
Montego Bay, St. James, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Cayman Islands
150 Smith Road
Smith Road Center, Unit 202B
George Town, KY1-1010
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Jamaica Country Information
- Cayman Island Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook