(LASPAU) Fulbright Faculty Development Program – Applications are now open and ends Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
The Fulbright Faculty Development Program awards scholarships to persons who teach at the tertiary level institutions in Jamaica. All fields of study are included, with the exception of medicine, nursing, and dentistry. Persons with “green cards” (alien registration cards), or are resident in the United States, or have previously received a Fulbright Grant are not eligible to apply for these awards.
Here is a general flyer about the (LASPAU) Fulbright Faculty Development Program.
- First-class honors or upper-second class honors Bachelor’s degree
- Must be a Jamaican citizen currently residing in Jamaica
- Must have a commitment to university lecturing and
- Must be supported by nomination for the program by the applicant’s tertiary institution
- Recipients should plan to return to Jamaica on completion of their studies in the U.S.A. and contribute to the institutional strengthening and knowledge base of local tertiary institutions.
- J1 visa
- Airline travel to and from the United States (NB: this is only covers for the initial flight at the beginning of the program and at the end of the program for the return flight to Jamaica)
- Tuition assistance in the form of a scholarship or assistantship is provided by the host university
- A monthly stipend
- A monthly book allowance
- Health insurance (basic coverage)
This year the Latin American Scholarship Program of American Universities (LASPAU) is using a new application platform. Before filling out the application, candidates must fill out a Fulbright Applicant Information Form. The application is also accessible through the Fulbright page on Laspau’s website by clicking on the Apply Now button.
Once you have completed the form, you will receive an email with a direct link to the complete Fulbright application. You should only fill out the Fulbright Applicant Information Form once. To continue an application previously started, you should login using the following link: https://laspau.force.com/scholar/LPortal_Login.
Supporting documents should be uploaded electronically straight to the online application. These documents include: CV, Statement of Purpose, Transcripts, Passport Identification Page, three letters of Recommendation and the Nominating Institution Verification form (if required). Please note that electronic recommendation letter submission is convenient and this process allows only program administrators to view such letters. The recommendation letter must be confidential and if submitted as a hardcopy, address the letter to:
Please read the Checklist of Required Academic Documents in order to effectively complete your application. This document also provides information about testing for applicants.
If you have:
- Questions or concerns about the Fulbright LASPAU Faculty Development Program grant please contact email@example.com
- Technical troubles with the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.