U.S. Embassy, Kingston is pleased to announce the application opening of the 2021 Virtual National Youth Science (NYS) Camp. Applications are now open and will close on Friday, April 9, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Traditionally, the NYSCamp (http://www.nyscamp.org/) has been a residential STEM program designed to honor and challenge rising STEM leaders and provide them with opportunities to engage with STEM professionals and participate in exciting outdoor activities. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, the National Youth Science Foundation (NYSF) cancelled the in-residence portion of the 2020 camp and instead hosted an entirely virtual NYSCamp experience for 2020 delegates (www.virtual.nyscamp.org). Due to ongoing concerns about the pandemic and taking into account the safety of our 2021 delegates, the Board of Trustees of the National Youth Science Foundation (NYSF) has elected to again cancel the in-residence of the 2021 NYSCamp and host a second virtual camp experience.
Even with the virtual nature of the camp, delegates are expected to participate daily in camp activities for the entire duration of camp. The NYSCamp is offered to selected participants at NO COST so that talented students may attend regardless of their financial ability.
- Must be a resident of Jamaica and be 16, 17, or 18 years of age on July 1, 2021.
- Must have strong skills in spoken English
- Must have documented superior academic proficiency, including recognition in STEM.
- Must have documented leadership abilities and social maturity.
- Must have documented skills and achievements outside the realm of STEM and outside academia.
- Must demonstrate a curiosity and an eagerness to explore new topics.
- Must intend to pursue higher education and a career in a STEM-related field.
- Must be willing and able to participate daily for the entire duration of the NYSCamp program.
For more information about application process please read: 2021 NYSCamp International Application Instructions.
To apply, please download the application and complete based on the International Application Instructions
For further clarification email: email@example.com