Due to changes in COVID-19 caseloads in Jamaica, the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy in Kingston will reduce consular services effective September 8. Emergency American Citizen Services and limited visa services will continue.
U.S. Embassy Kingston has no higher priority than the safety and security of U.S. citizens who visit or reside in Jamaica. U.S. citizens who require emergency assistance should contact the Embassy at (876) 702-6000 or at KingstonACS@state.gov. If you need an emergency passport for urgent travel, please e-mail KingstonACS@state.gov with a copy of your travel itinerary and a request for an appointment.
If you have an immigrant visa appointment, the Consular Section will contact you when we resume routine service to reschedule your appointment. If you have a nonimmigrant visa appointment, continue to monitor the appointment website for appointment availability.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cayman.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Jamaica.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Kingston, Jamaica
142 Old Hope Rd. Kingston 6, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Montego Bay
Whitter Village, Ironshore
Unit EU-1 (across from Burger King)
Montego Bay, St. James, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Cayman Islands
150 Smith Road
Smith Road Center, Unit 202B
George Town, KY1-1010
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Jamaica Country Information
- Cayman Island Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook