Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Kingston, Jamaica (May 11, 2020)
Location: Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
JetBlue has scheduled flights on May 13, 2020 from Kingston to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, at 11:00 A.M. and from Kingston to John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York, at 11:50 A.M. Seats are available for commercial purchase directly from the JetBlue website.
All other airlines have suspended service to and from Jamaica. There are no other scheduled commercial flights out of Jamaica at this time. Given the uncertainty about the prospect of future departure options, U.S. citizens seeking to return to the United States are urged to make travel arrangements now while commercial options are available
Cayman Airways has scheduled a flight on May 15, 2020 from Grand Cayman to Miami, Florida at 10:00 A.M. Seats are available for commercial purchase directly from Cayman Airways. Reservations may be made by calling Cayman Airways Reservations on 345-949-2311 or 1-800-422-9626 (toll free in the USA) between 9am and 6pm weekdays.
The Owen Roberts International Airport remains closed to commercial air traffic. There are no other scheduled commercial flights out of the Cayman Islands at this time. Given the uncertainty about the prospect of future departure options, U.S. citizens seeking to return to the United States are urged to make travel arrangements now.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cayman.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Jamaica.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Kingston, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Montego Bay
Whitter Village, Ironshore
Unit EU-1 (across from Burger King)
Montego Bay, St. James, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Cayman Islands
150 Smith Road
Smith Road Center, Unit 202B
George Town, KY1-1010
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands