Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kingston, Jamaica (March 27, 2020)
Location: Cayman Islands
Event: The Cayman Islands Public Health Department has confirmed eight cases of COVID-19 in the Cayman Islands.
- The Government of Cayman Islands has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Visit the website of the Cayman Islands governmentfor additional information on these new measures.
- Owen Roberts International Airport and the Charles Kirkconnell International Airport are closed for international passenger flights for three weeks, from Sunday, 22 March 2020, at 11:59 pm until Sunday, 12 April 2020, at 11:59 pm.
- In addition, the Government of Cayman Islands released an update on March 25th stating that the Cayman Islands will be under a 24 hour curfew starting at 7:00 P.M. March 25th, 2020 until 5:00 A.M. Saturday, March 28th, 2020. Read the full press release on the website for the Cayman Islands government.
- Find the Government of Cayman Islands COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions here.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisoryfor COVID-19.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cayman.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Kingston, Jamaica
142 Old Hope Rd. Kingston 6, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Montego Bay Whitter Village, Ironshore
Unit EU-1 (across from Burger King)
Montego Bay, St. James, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Cayman Islands
150 Smith Road
Smith Road Center, Unit 202B
George Town, KY1-1010
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Jamaica Country Information
- Cayman Island Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook