Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Kingston, Jamaica (May 18, 2020)
Location: Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Event: Please see several updates regarding local government response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
JetBlue has scheduled a flight from Kingston to Fort Lauderdale, Florida May 21, 2020 at 10:00 A.M. Seats are available for commercial purchase directly from the JetBlue website.
All other airlines have suspended service to and from Jamaica. U.S. Citizens seeking to return to the United States are urged to make travel arrangements now while commercial options are available.
- Jamaican borders remain closed through May 31, 2020.
- Effective Wednesday, May 13, 2020, the Government of Jamaica has imposed curfew hours as follows:
- From Wednesday, May 13, to Saturday, May 23: curfew hours are from 8:00 P.M. to 5:00 A.M.
- From Sunday, May 24 to Monday, May 25: curfew hours are from 3:00 PM until 8:00 A.M.
- From Monday, May 25, curfew hours are from 3:00 P.M. until 5:00 A.M Tuesday, May 26.
- From Tuesday, May 26 to Sunday, May 31: curfew hours are from 9:00 P.M. to 5:00 A.M.
- Community bars are now permitted to open, but they are closed during curfew hours and subject to conditions. See more from the Jamaican Prime Minister’s Announcement.
- Market and vending hours are from 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Mondays through Saturdays.
- Churches may resume services, however, several restrictions apply. See more from the Jamaican Prime Minister’s announcement.
- A quarantine of communities in St. Mary is in place. This quarantine began May 7, 2020 and will end on May 21, 2020, subject to review.
- As of May 15, 2020, Grand Cayman moved from Level 4 High Suppression to Level 3 Moderate Suppression.
- New Shelter in Place regulations will ease restrictions as of May 19, 2020.
- As of Sunday, May 17, 2020, the 24-hour hard curfew in Grand Cayman is lifted.
- Starting Tuesday, May 19, limited beach access will be permitted.
- See additional details on the Cayman Government website.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cayman.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Jamaica.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Kingston, Jamaica
142 Old Hope Rd. Kingston 6, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Montego Bay
Whitter Village, Ironshore
Unit EU-1 (across from Burger King)
Montego Bay, St. James, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Cayman Islands
150 Smith Road
Smith Road Center, Unit 202B
George Town, KY1-1010
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Jamaica Country Information
- Cayman Island Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook