Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Kingston, Jamaica (January 22, 2021)
Event: The following health information has been updated on the Embassy Kingston COVID-19 website:
- Effective January 26, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the U.S. may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- U.S. Citizens are advised that timing of test results depends on the type of COVID-19 test administered and the individual lab or facility. The Jamaican government and private sector are working to increase testing capacity to meet the new U.S. entry requirements. U.S. citizen visitors to Jamaica are strongly advised to confirm testing availability with their tour organizer and/or hotel operator prior to commencing travel to ensure that COVID testing will be available in the timeline required by the new U.S. entry requirement.
- The U.S. Embassy in Kingston does not provide COVID testing for private U.S. citizens.
- Visitors to Jamaica can obtain a COVID-19 test in Jamaica at the following locations:https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/testing-labs/.
There is a Level 3 Travel Advisory recommending U.S. citizens reconsider travel to Jamaica due to health and safety measures and COVID-19-related conditions.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Jamaica.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Kingston, Jamaica
142 Old Hope Rd. Kingston 6, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Montego Bay
Whitter Village, Ironshore
Unit EU-1 (across from Burger King)
Montego Bay, St. James, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Cayman Islands
150 Smith Road
Smith Road Center, Unit 202B
George Town, KY1-1010
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Jamaica Country Information
- Cayman Island Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook