Location: Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico
Event: Hurricane Season in the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico begins June 1 and ends on November 30, 2018, though most tropical cyclones typically develop between May and October. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) recommends that those in hurricane-prone regions begin preparations for the upcoming seasons now.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Climate Prediction Center for the 2018 Hurricane forecast.
- Visit the Department of State’s Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones page.
- U.S. Embassy Kingston, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Montego Bay
- U.S. Consular Agency Cayman Islands
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Jamaica Country Information
- Cayman Island Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook