In honor of Dr. King’s historic accomplishments in advancing social justice and equality, U.S. Embassy Kingston invites students ages 15-19 years, to participate in the MLKJ Essay Competition!
Inspired by MLKJ quote: “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere”. Discuss in relation to Jamaica’s Charter of Rights which calls for “the right to life, liberty and security of the person…”
The essay should be between 800-1000 words.
Enter the Martin Luther King Jr. essay competition today! Stand a chance to win an iPad or a Samsung Galaxy Tablet.
See Competition Rules below:
- The competition is open to students 15-19 years old – Jamaican nationals only
- Entries must be in English and be the original work of the writer
- Essays should be between 800 – 1000 words
- Essays should be inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr’s quote “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere,”
- and the Jamaican Charter of Rights.
- Essay must include at least 5 MLKJ ‘Facts you should Know’ posted to the US Embassy Jamaica’s Facebook page between January 11-17, 2016
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on twitter
- Top three submissions will be determined by a panel at the U.S. Embassy and posted to the Embassy’s facebook page on February 19th
- Essay winners to be announced on Friday, February 26th, 2016
- Submit essays to email@example.com. Please include your name, age, gender, and name of your school
- Submission deadline, February 15, 2016
Like our Facebook page:
US Embassy Jamaica
Follow us on Twitter: