ANNOUNCEMENT: Beginning June 20, 2021, U.S. Embassy Kingston will begin accepting online fee payments for adult U.S. passport renewal applications. Paying online allows you to mail your application to the U.S. Embassy without the need to apply in person. Qualifying adult passport renewal applicants may pay the $110 passport renewal fee online via U.S. or international credit or debit card, electronic funds transfer from a U.S.-based bank account, Amazon Pay, or Pay Pal. If you are renewing a passport, please visit our Renew an Adult Passport webpage to determine if you are eligible for online fee payment.
Many non-emergency services such as notarial services and minor passport renewals require an appointment. Our system allows you to plan your visit in advance, ensures shorter wait times, and allows more efficient handling of individual cases.
Please be aware of the following when scheduling appointments:
- There is no charge for making or canceling an appointment.
- If you need to change your originally scheduled appointment, please cancel and reschedule.
- If you schedule more than one appointment for the same person, the system will automatically cancel both appointments.
- Every applicant needs a separate appointment. For example, if you are making appointments for two siblings, you must schedule one appointment in each child’s name.
- Electronically complete and print the application form using the passport wizard before your appointment.
- We only accept government-issued photo identification such as a passport, driver’s license, or Jamaican voter registration card can be used as proof of identity.
Appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Kingston
NOTE: All visitors to the Embassy are required to undergo a security check. Electronic items, including cell phones, cameras, beepers, and pagers, are prohibited on the Embassy compound and should be secured elsewhere before entering the Embassy. The Embassy reserves the right to limit the entry of possessions and does not have the means to store these items.
- Passports Applications or Notarial Services (including DS-3053 consent forms)
- Be sure to select the correct appointment type – “Passport services” or “Request notarial and other services” – as failure to do so may result in rescheduling.
- Notarization of DS-3053 consent forms for passport applications in the United States should be scheduled as notarial service, not passport services.
- Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA): Review the DS-2029 application form and email KingstonCRBA@state.gov for scheduling. CRBA appointments are not scheduled online. Consular Officers will review a complete application form before scheduling an appointment (except in cases of urgent travel).