All non-emergency services require an appointment. Our system allows you to plan your visit in advance, ensures shorter wait times, and allows more efficient handling of individual cases.
Please be aware of the following when scheduling appointments:
- There is no charge for making or canceling an appointment.
- If you need to change your originally scheduled appointment, please cancel and reschedule.
- If you schedule more than one appointment for the same person, the system will automatically cancel both appointments.
- Every applicant needs a separate appointment. If you are making appointments for more than two siblings, for example, you must schedule one appointment in each child’s name.
Appointments at the U.S. Embassy in Kingston
NOTE: All visitors to the Embassy are required to undergo a security check. Electronic items, including cell phones, cameras, beepers, and pagers, are prohibited on the Embassy compound and should be secured elsewhere before entering the Embassy. The Embassy reserves the right to limit the entry of possessions and does not have the means to store these items.
- Passports Applications, Renewals, or Notarial Services (including DS-3053 consent forms)
- Be sure to select the correct appointment type – “Passport services” or “Request notarial and other services” – as failure to do so may result in rescheduling.
- Notarization of DS-3053 consent forms for passport applications in the United States should be scheduled as notarial service, not passport services.
- CRBA appointments are not scheduled online. Consular Officers will review a complete application form before scheduling an appointment (except in cases of urgent travel).
Appointments in Montego Bay
Email your appointment requests to the Mobay Consular Agency via MoBayACS@state.gov.
Appointments in Cayman
Email your appointment requests to the Cayman Consular Agency via CaymanACS@state.gov.