Internal Revenue Service (U.S. Taxes)

General Information

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has created a comprehensive tax page directed at U.S. citizens who reside abroad. This page contains basic tax information that American citizens overseas need to know and also includes links to more detailed topics.  For all matters pertaining to U.S. taxation please visit the IRS website.  For detailed information about the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) international services, you may visit their website.

International Taxpayer Advocate

To request Taxpayer Advocate assistance, call the Taxpayer Advocate Service toll-free number: 1-877-777-4778.

Filing U.S. Taxes

For personal assistance in filing U.S. tax returns or other related matters, you may choose to contact one of the below accounting institutions.

CrichtonMullings & Associates
Miklos CPA

Awards for Reporting Tax Compliance Issues

Whistleblowers are an important part of the IRS tax compliance program, and can receive substantial awards if the IRS uses their information.  The IRS Whistleblower Office can award up to 30 percent of the additional tax, penalty and other amounts it collects.

If you suspect or know of an individual or a business that is not complying with the tax laws and want to claim an award, mail a completed Form 211, Application for Award for Original Information, with an original signature to the Whistleblower Office using the address on the form.  Include copies of all relevant supporting documentation in your possession.

See Whistleblower Informant Award and The Whistleblower Law on for more information. If you have any additional questions, you may call the Whistleblower office at 801-620-2169.

If you would like to report tax noncompliance and are not interested in an award, or you have other information you believe may be of interest to the IRS, visit Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity on for information on how to submit a report.