Amend a Passport

If your passport contains an error in your biographic data, we will make the necessary amendment to your biographic data at no charge to you.  There also is no fee to amend your biographic data within one year of your passport issuance date if you legally change your name.

You may submit your application by scheduling an appointment and visiting the American Citizen Services Unit with the documents listed below.

  • DS-5504 Application for a U.S. Passport: Name Change, Data Correction, and Limited Passport Book Replacement.
  • Passport to be replaced and one photocopy of your passport.
  • One passport-sized photograph with a white background.

Original name change document (i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate or original divorce decree) as proof of correct biographic details.

*Photocopies made at the US Embassy cost $1 USD (or the Jamaican equivalent) per copy.