First Time Adult Passports

An appointment is required.  See the  “Make an Appointment” section to schedule your interview.

Adults applying for their first Passport must provide:

  • DS-11 form: Application for a U.S. Passport  (Please complete the form online then print for interview)
  • 1 Passport-sized photograph with a white background
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship and one photocopy of your proof of U.S. Citizenship
  • $145 USD (or Jamaican equivalent)
  1. Certified U.S. birth certificate issued by the city, county or state*;
  2. Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
  3. Naturalization Certificate ***
  4. Certificate of Citizenship

* A certified birth certificate has a registrar’s raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar’s signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.

Beginning April 1, 2011, all birth certificates must also include the full names of the applicant’s parent(s). For more information, please see New Requirement for all U.S. Birth Certificates.

NOTE:  If you do not have primary evidence of U.S. citizenship, please see Secondary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship.

  • Valid Driver’s License or Foreign Passport
  • Naturalization Certificate***
  • Current Government – issued ID (city, state or federal)

Please Note: Jamaican voter’s registration cards will not be accepted. If you cannot submit primary identification, please see Secondary Identification.

In cases where you believe you may have derived citizenship through your parent(s) while you were under age 18, the above documents should be submitted along with the following:

  • Your birth certificate
  • Marriage certificate of parent(s) if ever married to each other
  • Naturalization certificate of U.S. citizen parent(s)
  • Proof of U.S. residency

Please note: All documents must be originals. The need for further documentation may be determined; however, these will be requested directly from the applicant if necessary.

***Notes on Naturalization Certificates: U.S. Naturalization Certificates are NOT travel documents. All U.S. citizens are required by law to enter and exit the U.S. on U.S passports. Anyone travelling out of the U.S. on a naturalization certificate will be required to apply for a new full-validity passport. Passports usually take 7-10 days to issue and deliver after the initial passport appointment at the U.S. Embassy.