Lost or Stolen Passport

Replacing a Lost or Stolen Passport

If you have lost your U.S. passport and you would like to replace it, please provide the following documentation during your visit to the Embassy.

*If your name has been changed between your last issued passport and now, please bring an original name change document as proof of such; e.g. marriage certificate, deed poll etc.

Be sure to electronically complete and print the application form before coming to the Embassy for your appointment.

We encourage you to report the loss or theft of your U.S. passport to the local police; please bring a copy with you.

If the passport of a minor child is lost or stolen, please review our webpage dedicated to Passports for Minors.