Applications for Minors
An appointment is required. See the “Make an Appointment” section to schedule your interview. Passport applicants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by their parent(s), or by a guardian with formal written consent from non-applying parents. The following items are required for the application to be accepted:
- DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport (Barcoded ONLY)
- Current passport and one photocopy
- Original birth certificate OR Consular Report of Birth Abroad, plus one photocopy
- One (1) passport-size photograph with a white background
- Government-issued ID for parents, plus one photocopy of each
- Photographs showing the child’s age progression from birth or from the previous passport (if applicable)
- Passport fees – $135 USD (under 16 years old); or, $165 (16-17 years old) or JMD equivalent
- Fee for DHL delivery
Please complete the DS-11 application form online to generate a barcoded application. Print, then take to your interview.
Parental Consent and Absentee Parents
If the parent is present in Jamaica, he/she MUST appear for the scheduled interview.
If a parent listed on the applicant’s original birth certificate is overseas and will not be able to appear in person for the interview due to being overseas, please request that they complete and submit the original notarized DS-3053: Statement of Consent – Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16 and provide a copy of their identification. Please note, that this form is to be used ONLY in the event that the parent(s) listed on the birth certificate is overseas. The form should be notarized by a U.S. notary public or the nearest US Embassy or Consulate and sent along with a copy of the absent parent’s identification. We will not accept consent forms signed by Jamaican Justices of the Peace. All parents residing in Jamaica must sign in person at the Consular Agency in Montego Bay or the Embassy in Kingston.
Minors 16 & 17 years old
The documentary requirements for minors age 16 and 17 are the same as above, but these applicants generally need the consent of only one parent and may sign their own application. Consent may generally be in the form of the parent being present during the passport appointment or providing written consent.
All fees are paid at your appointment in cash (JMD/USD) or USD credit card. Your passport application process will take approximately 3 weeks after the application is approved.