Utah Special Primary Election – August 15

The State of Utah will conduct a special primary election on Tuesday, August 15, 2017, for the 3rd Congressional District to replace Jason Chaffetz who announced he will resign from Congress on June 30.  This district consists of Carbon, Emery, Grand, San Juan and Wasatch counties as well as portions of Salt Lake and Utah counties.

The special general election will be held on November 7, 2017.

Service members, eligible family members and overseas citizens may use the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA), which is the registration and ballot request form accepted by all States and territories. Complete, sign and send the FPCA to your election office. If you are a Utah resident from the 3rd Congressional District, register and request an absentee ballot today starting at FVAP.gov.

To access the FPCA, you can:

  • Use the FPCA online assistant (fvap.gov/military-voter/registration-ballots);
  • Complete the fillable PDF version (fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/Forms/fpca2013.pdf); or
  • Pick up a hardcopy version from your Voting Assistance Officer or nearest U.S. Embassy or Consular Office.

Be sure to double-check your contact information is accurate in case your election office needs to reach you.

If you are not currently registered, your FPCA needs to be received by July 17; if you are currently registered, your FPCA ballot request must be received by August 10.

Detailed instructions and county contact information is available at (fvap.gov/utah).

Ballots will be sent beginning June 30 for those who have requested them. If you do not receive your requested State ballot 30 days before the election, there’s a backup ballot called the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) with an online assistant that provides you with the candidate list.  It’s available using the “Get My Ballot” link at (fvap.gov/utah). You may also fill out the PDF (fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/Forms/fwab2013.pdf) or pick up a hardcopy version from your Voting Assistance Officer or nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

If you receive your State ballot after submitting the FWAB, you should still complete and return it, as well.  Only one ballot per person will be counted.

If you’d like more information on the Federal Voting Assistance Program or need help with the absentee voting process please go to FVAP.gov or call FVAP at 703-588-1584 (toll free 1-800-438-VOTE or DSN 425-1584) or email (vote@fvap.gov).

Federal Voting Assistance Program
The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) is a Department of Defense (DoD) organization that works to ensure Service members, their eligible family members, and overseas citizens are aware of their right to vote and have the tools and resources to successfully do so — from anywhere in the world.

FVAP assists voters through partnerships with the Military Services, Department of State, Department of Justice, and election officials from 50 States, U.S. territories and the District of Columbia. State and local governments administer U.S. elections, including those for federal offices. FVAP supports State and local election officials by providing absentee voting information, materials, training and guidance.

Voters can contact FVAP’s call center at 703-588-1584 (toll free 1-800-438-VOTE or DSN 425-1584) or email (vote@fvap.gov). Toll-free phone numbers from 67 countries are listed at FVAP.gov. Find FVAP on Facebook at (facebook.com/DoDFVAP) and Twitter (twitter.com/fvap).