Location: Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Tropical Depression Grace is currently east of Jamaica. As the storm moves westward through the Caribbean Sea it is expected to gain strength and Jamaica and the Cayman Islands are likely to be impacted by the storm beginning Tuesday, August 17th. The storm direction, intensity, and impact are uncertain; however, tropical storms and hurricanes can produce high winds and significant rainfall that may result in life-threatening flooding, flash flooding, and storm surge.
Actions to take:
- Monitor the National Hurricane Center, Meteorological Service of Jamaica, and local media for updates.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- U.S. Embassy Kingston, Jamaica
142 Old Hope Rd. Kingston 6, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Montego Bay
Whitter Village, Ironshore
Unit EU-1 (across from Burger King)
Montego Bay, St. James, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Cayman Islands
150 Smith Road
Smith Road Center, Unit 202B
George Town, KY1-1010
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Jamaica Country Information
- Cayman Island Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook