Location: Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Event: Tropical Depression Eta is currently located off Mexico’s Yucatan peninsula and is expected to move northeast across the Caribbean Sea toward Cuba in the coming days. The Cayman Islands are under a Tropical Storm Warning currently and lie near the projected storm path. Although current forecasts do not indicate that Jamaica is in the storm’s path, heavy rains are expected to affect the island. Significant, life-threatening flash flooding is possible in both the Cayman Islands and Jamaica.
Actions to take:
- Monitor the National Hurricane Center and local media for updates
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- U.S. Embassy Kingston, Jamaica
142 Old Hope Rd. Kingston 6, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Montego Bay
Whitter Village, Ironshore
Unit EU-1 (across from Burger King)
Montego Bay, St. James, Jamaica
- U.S. Consular Agency Cayman Islands
150 Smith Road
Smith Road Center, Unit 202B
George Town, KY1-1010
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Jamaica Country Information
- Cayman Island Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook