Your Vote Counts!

In order to vote in the November 2016 elections, all overseas U.S. citizens need to have completed a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) in 2016.  Whether you are a first-time voter or have already received ballots and voted absentee in past elections, you must complete an FPCA each year to participate in elections as an overseas absentee voter.

You can complete the FPCA online at The online voting assistant will ask you questions specific to your state. We encourage you to ask your local election officials to deliver your blank ballots to you electronically (by email, internet download, or fax, depending on your state). Include your email address on your FPCA to take advantage of the electronic ballot delivery option. Return the FPCA per the instructions on the website. will tell you if your state allows the FPCA to be returned electronically or if you must submit a paper copy with original signature.

For more information on voting in the November 2016 elections, visit today!

Please keep in mind that you will NOT be able to vote in person at the Embassy or Consular Agency on election day.

Helpful Links and Other Resources

Students Abroad:

State Department resource for students overseas

Federal Voting Assistance Program’s homepage:

Voter forms available for Download:


State Voting Information

League of Women Voters Education Fund’s site, (helpful, user-friendly website that allows voters to search information by state)